Thursday, December 30, 2010

365 Days Of Thanks

2010 has quite possibly been the best year of my life. It has been a year of blessings, a year of excitement, a year of abundant love. 


In this year, I:

  • Lived as a 30-year old
  • Traveled to Haiti twice & Costa Rica twice
  • Led two other domestic mission trips
  • Worked at an amazing church with a group of people who became a second family
  • Resigned from a job I love
  • Applied to Seminary
  • Perfected the making of chicken pot pie
  • Played the slots in Vegas
  • Considered running an Ambassador's campaign for Presidency
  • Made a friend that I will consider a best friend for life
  • Road tripped from Virginia to Nevada
  • Bought my first house
  • Applied to become a US Navy Chaplain
Now, as 2010 is coming to an end, I am living in a new town all the way across the country from my "home" and find myself adjusting to life as an unemployed pastor. Transition is never easy, and I find myself wishing everyday that I could go back to January 2010 and relive the year of blessings. That seems rather silly. As I'm sitting here wallowing in memories, I could be missing out on the blessings of today! Thus, this blog...  I need a reminder that everyday should be a day of Thanksgiving. 


As Psalm 136 says,
Give thanks to the Lord, our God and King! His LOVE endures forever!


Everyone needs a goal, or at least I do. I will be thankful. I will be thankful for all things. I will not miss out on the blessing of today. I will turn 2011 into a year of Thanksgiving!


Grace & Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet