Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The BEST Day

After the "terrible-no-good-very-bad-week," I was prepared for yesterday. I did not have my hopes up, and braced myself for bad news while continuing to keep a positive outlook for everyone else.

The day started out well enough. Harrison Barnes announced that he would, in fact, return to UNC for his sophomore season! This puts a starting line up of Barnes, Zeller, Strickland, Henson, and freshman McAdoo...which is a NBA front court, if I've ever seen one! Can you say #1 preseason ranking and 2012 national championship? My dad has already put in his name for the Final Four lottery!

The day continued well with a Krispy Kreme doughnut! Is there really anything better than sugary soft fried dough?

But the appointment I'd been waiting for finally came at 1:30. The doctor took his time, as they all do, but the smile on his face as he entered the room and the words ~ "it's benign" ~ the relief came rushing like a wave to rid my body and soul of worry and angst.

The excitement continued as I called my recruiter in San Diego. He greeted me with the words, "Congratulations, and welcome to the United States Naval Chaplain Corps." Really?! My packet has officially be signed off, and the next stop is officer development school in Newport, Rhode Island!

The day concluded with pool side laughter, a celebratory dinner with drinks, and watching the Bellagio fountains choreographed to "God Bless The USA!" How appropriate!

I am thankful for so many friends who prayed me through these last couple of weeks of waiting and gave me laughter amongst the nerves. I am even more thankful to God for the continued blessings He rains down on my life each and everyday. This is one amazing life, and I am so thankful to be a part of His journey!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on answered prayers (medical and basketball) and the Navy. You are right- you have one amazing life! I, for one, am glad to be along for the ride~!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're along, too! Your support always means so much!

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet