Thursday, April 7, 2011

If The Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me...

The phone never rang yesterday. Correction, the phone rang...it just wasn't the Navy! So another day of waiting is upon us. This, however, made me think of Jimmy Buffett. He wrote a great song entitled, "If the Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me..." Now that may seem sad, but it put a smile on my face. Jimmy is one of my favorite musicians. I was so thankful to John when he gave me a satellite radio, as it has the "Margaritaville" station. While it doesn't play Jimmy all day every day, I make sure to tune in for the hour-long Buffett Buffet every morning and evening.

One of my friends once called Jimmy a bum who made millions. His songs may not win grammys, but every song tells a story. They certainly make me smile and lighten my mood!

Thus, in David Letterman fashion, here are the top ten Jimmy Buffett songs, according to Ashley:

10) Fins (Volcano)
9) Stars on the Water (One Particular Harbor)
8) Boat Drinks (Volcano)
7) The Night I Painted The Sky (Barometer Soup)
6) Volcano (Volcano)
5) Lone Palm (Fruitcakes)
4) Barefoot Children In The Rain (Barometer Soup)
3) One Particular Harbor (One Particular Harbor)
2) Coconut Telegraph (Coconut Telegraph)
1) Frank & Lola (Last Mango In Paris)

Bonus! Top two remakes - Brown-Eyed Girl & Mexico!

Clearly, others have favorite songs. Did mine make your top ten list?

Thankful today for the music of Jimmy Buffett!


One last thing....favorite collaboration...see below!

1 comment:

  1. You knew I couldn't keep quiet on this one...
    It's a great list, and I have to admit I don't know the ones from Barometer Soup. I would add "It's My Job" from Coconut Telegraph and I'm old, so I can't do without "A Pirate Looks At 40." Good stuff...

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet