Saturday, April 16, 2011

Barry Manilow

It may seem a little random to be thankful for Barry Manilow, but today I am very thankful for Barry Manilow! My great friend, Karen, is in town, and as I was looking through our free tickets membership Thursday night to find something fun for her first night in Vegas, I came across Manilow tickets. Now, I'm not quite the Barry Manilow fan. Honestly, I only know one of his songs... "At the Copa... Copacabana... It's the hottest spot north of Havana..." And not only is that the only song I know, but those are the only words to that song I know! The tickets were free, so I figured we could go, and if we didn't like it, we would leave!

We arrived at Paris, and after dinner, we were in our seats five minutes before the show started. Did I mention we were given FRONT ROW seats? We felt like VIPs, but a little guilty at the same time. Everyone around us was bleeding with Barry love! They were dressed like him, held up record covers, and waved glow sticks galore! We felt a little out of place, but everyone we had talked to said Barry Manilow puts on an amazing show! Oh he did not disappoint!!

Seven wardrobe changes, millions of bright lights, four dueling pianos, and thirty songs later, we were Barry Manilow's number one fans! The energy, the enthusiasm, the realness of it all...it was indicative of shows from yesteryear and not the loud noisy "concerts" of today. The crowd went crazy, and Copacabana closed out the show. Ohhhh yes! We were dancing, we were singing, we were having a great night!

I am thankful for Barry Manilow giving us a wonderful night on the town and opening my eyes to a whole new world of music and entertainment! What adventure will we get into next?? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet