Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Young Dubliners


I love music. I love all types of music. Anything from boy bands to beach music, from Usher to George Strait, from Air Supply to Jimmy Buffett, I can just about listen to it all.

The Young Dubliners... Taken from right behind the stage.
We've been on British overload the last couple of days. Last night, we enjoyed Guiness and listened to a live band at Nine Fine Irishmen, an Irish pub in New York, New York. Today after church, we went to the Las Vegas Scottish Highlands Festival. There were, of course, bagpipes and drummers galore. I couldn't get over how in sync the drummers were. Their movements were precise and crisp. On one of the big stages, we ran into a band called The Young Dubliners. (Find the irony there...) They had a great mix of fiddler and electric bagpipe with guitars and drums. I was an immediate fan and found a new favorite group.

Thus, another day of music, another day of fun in the sun, another day of hanging out with Karen and John. I am so grateful for beautiful days and rockin' out to new tunes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet