Friday, April 15, 2011

A Night On The Town

There was slight disappointment today... I did not glow. I was hopeful to glow, but I did not glow.

You see, it was test day. Not school test...though actually, I did take a school quiz...but it was doctor test day. Ever since the Navy found the latest hiccup in my body, it's been nothing but hoop jumping. Today was MRI and a bone scan day. For the latter, they inject radiation into your body! So you see, I was hopeful that I would glow. Even went into the dark bathroom, just on the off chance that I'd be able to see something, anything. But no, no glowing. 

With last week still being referred to as the "terrible-no-good-very-bad-week," and with the flux of visitors coming in and out of our house, the dear hubby and I deserved a night out, just the two of us. I bought a new dress Tuesday and could not wait to wear it, and hubby always picks out the right shoes to match! This was the perfect opportunity to enjoy time together, and John & I hit the town. 

Living in Vegas, we really do feel like we are just a few miles away from vacation anytime. The lights, the fountains, the people-watching, the shows, the noises... It's a getaway from reality, yet it's just down the road. We went to a couple of places we had yet to see, and a couple of places that we probably will never go to again, but it was time to spend together, just the two of us. 

Tomorrow Karen comes to town! Dare I say it, I'm surprising her with Barry Manilow tickets! Will she be excited? Will she roll her eyes and say, "Really? Are you kidding me?" The tickets were free, so as long as I can go in long enough to hear, "At the Copa...Copacabana...," I'll be happy! 

Today's thanks? That's easy... I spent time with John! Any time with him is always a special gift! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet