Thursday, April 28, 2011

Writer's Block

As you may have noticed, my posts have been lacking as of late. Please do not think I am suffering from a lack of gratitude. If anything, I am more thankful by the day, as I have trained my heart to constantly be on the lookout for the little things to be thankful for! However, my creativity in expressing that appreciation has been lacking.

In addition to this lack of creativity, the semester is coming to a close, which means that papers are due. I have two 20-page monsters that are weighing on me. Thankfully, I have great topics and thorough outlines for each. I simply am having trouble converting those outlines to paragraphs and pages.

So let's make this easy. Forget the creativity. It's time to just write.

Thus...

I am thankful for all of the visitors we had for several weeks.

I am thankful for a great relationship with a son who speaks honestly and openly.

I am thankful for an empty house.

I am thankful for the quiet. 

I am thankful that I have not had to go to the Strip for four days!

I am thankful John returned home before the big storms in the East.

I am thankful all of our families are safe and sound after those big storms. 

I am thankful for great meetings with church staffs and potential ministry opportunities.

I am thankful that the medical portion of the Navy acceptance has now come to an end.

I am thankful that the chaplain recruiter calls me with almost hourly updates. 

I am thankful for texts of encouragement from those who know I have the ability to write great papers. 

I am thankful for a Dad who will turn 60 in a few days!

I am thankful for coffee. 

Okay, so that at least gets me writing and forming sentences. Now maybe I can get on to this paper writing?

Grace & peace to all!

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for an old friend whose unbelievable attitude of gratitude picks me up every time I read her blog...and that she had all of the visitors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm thankful for you, too, Carl! Hey...I may need some professional advice... If you're up to it, look for an email from me soon!

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet