Thursday, April 21, 2011

NC BBQ

I love to cook! I love filling up the kitchen with pots & pans, casserole dishes & mixing bowls. While I'm not much of a baker, I love trying new breakfast and dinner recipes and adding a special touch to make them my own. There are a few things I've actually perfected.... Chicken Pot Pie, Shrimp 'n' Grits, and a few other things. Tonight, especially for the arrival of my mom, North Carolina BBQ is on the menu! It's the easiest recipe, courtesy of my wonderful hubby, and it smells up the house as it boils away in the slow cooker all day long.

We just finished cleaning up the kitchen, and it was, by far, one of the better BBQ's we've had. The roast fell off the bone and shredded itself in the pot. The tenderness and the flavor were perfect! I wish I had taken a picture of it, as your mouth would water just by looking at it!

It reminds me, especially during Holy Week, that I am so thankful for the little things and the wonderful foods that are at our fingertips everyday. I don't go hungry...ever. Sure my stomach growls from time to time, but I am so lucky to not feel the the pangs in my stomach everyday like so many people in this world do. Tonight I will be thankful for BBQ, but mindful and prayerful for those that do not have the luxuries that I do.

Grace & peace be with you on this Maundy Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. I will pay for your plane ticket to Tampa just so you can fix me BBQ! Have a great visit with your Mom and a blessed Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on!! Happy Easter to the Jones Family, too!

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet