Thursday, September 8, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 1

Day 1 ~ A Picture of Myself With 10 Facts


You're going to get way more than 10 fun-facts about me. This is a note I published on Facebook when the big "thing" was to post "30 Random Things" about yourself. I did a little bit of editing...


1. I never keep my New Year's Resolutions. In 2009, I vowed to learn something new every month. I only learned one thing - to play the harmonica - and I didn't keep it up for long. 

2. I own all 10 seasons of Friends. In my opinion, it's the best TV show ever made! "I'll be there for you..." Randomly, I'll break out into a rendition of "Smelly Cat."

3. My food can't touch. If it does, I won't eat it. Divided plates are best. Plus, I don't eat sandwiches with the crusts, and I only eat the inside of pancakes.

#13
4. I've been on something like 40+ mission trips. "Mission trip to Mexico, mission trip to Mexico, spreadin' the Word, come on, let's go on a mission trip to Mexico." 

5. I hitch-hiked in Ireland.

6. Rotary Club rocks, especially the Bellaire Rotary Club. Love those guys.

7. I love to travel, especially with my travel buddy, Leslie. She's not only wonderful but when we're together the best things happen! No waiting in line at the Jekyll & Hyde Club! Diamond Club seats at the Astros! Having our own chalk picture drawn for us! Meeting Third Day & David Crowder! Random Vegas club entries!

#8
8. Victoria & Katie addicted me to NCIS. 

9. My favorite joke is "What's green & goes slam, slam, slam, slam?" A four door pickle!! Yes, not very funny, but it makes me smile every time!

10. I can recite the Sound of Music from beginning to end.

11. Some of my best memories are from Quaker Lake! Campfire stew. The Titanic little theater skit. Three Bears song. Kool-aid in the shower heads. Frisbee golf. Air Supply, ABBA, George Strait, Tim McGraw, Lee Greenwood. Camp outs. Calvin. Volleyball games. Rainbow bridge.

12. Water projects are great! I love Living Waters For The World. Clean water for all of God's children!

13. I love sports. All sports. I collect jerseys from countries I've visited.

14. Bo, my stuffed raccoon, has traveled with me EVERYWHERE since I was 7.  (However, Leo the OKAPI, Ari the Giraffe, and Bunny the Bunny are also great travel buddies.)

#15
15. John, Clint, & Michael....best things that ever happened to me.

16. I simply adore and very much love all current and former members of the ChristChurch Presbyterian Youth Group. They have my heart. I am SO excited for our "beach reunion" in June 2012!!!

17.  I never thought I could love an entire group of people so incredibly much.  I could write 30 reasons why I love the Herndon United Methodist Church youth.  Simply stated, they have changed my life for the better with their huge amount of love, joy & kindness.  I really did win the lottery.  I am so very thankful to call you my family.

18. During the 2009-2010 year, I told my husband I had a meeting every Monday night at 8:00pm.  The meeting was really watching 90210 or the Bachelorette with Allison, Diana, & Elizabeth! :)  Loved it!

19. I randomly call my friend Priscilla and spill my guts to her.  It's much like confession...  She's my priest!

20. I am not a fan of the holiday season. Thanksgiving is good, especially now that I can cook my own food, as I don't really enjoy the traditional Thanksgiving meal!  Christmas, however, is much too much.  It's supposed to be a celebration of the birth of Jesus...not this craziness it's turned into. 

21. I give themed gifts to my family each year.  Last year was "2009 - Water into Wine." I donated money to Living Waters/Haiti in their names and gave them each a  bottle of wine (Grapes of Galilee!). In 2008, I named stars for family members and bought acres on the moon.  The theme was "2008 - Aren't you great?  You're out of this world!"  2007 was the year of the goat - everyone had a goat bought in their name from Heifer Project.  Suggestions for this year?
#22

22. I love to cook.  I especially love to cook with my pal, Rachel. I love Paula Deen, she loves Alton Brown.  It makes for great recipes. 

23. I love Haiti. It's like a home away from home. As I tell John, I'm way more popular in Haiti than I am in the USA.

24. I love Sweet Tea.  It's the best drink in the world, when brewed and sugared properly.

25. I used to love Starbucks. The baristas in Bellaire new me by name, and the workers in Ashburn always asked about my church.  Reminded me of "Cheers"...where everybody knows your name! Now I'm addicted to my Keurig coffee maker. Thanks, Melanie.

26. I'm an introvert.  Few people know that about me. It doesn't mean I don't like people or enjoy a good party.  I just enjoy my alone time and need it desperately to recharge!

27. Turning 30 was a huge milestone.  In this year I have: Traveled to Haiti twice & Costa Rica twice; Led two other domestic mission trips; Resigned from a job I love; Accepted to Seminary; Perfected the making of chicken pot pie; Played the slots in Vegas; Considered running an Ambassador's campaign for Presidency; And made a friend that I will consider a best friend for life. 2010 will definitely go down as an amazing year.

28. Turning 31 was even bigger. I have... Traveled to Haiti five times; Settled into life in Vegas; Hosted a million visitors; Completed year one of Seminary; Stated year two of Seminary; Began working at Solar Under The Sun; Found out I was going to be a grandmother; and...I still have three and a half months left!

29. My mantra -- Love God, Love People, Serve Others.  It's that simple, right?

30... Well, I just felt like there needed to be a number 30. It is the 30-day photo challenge. 

4 comments:

  1. Loved reading this list of facts, and learned a lot about you, my friend. Put I'm sort of partial to #9. I have a video somewhere of Woodhead telling that joke. A clasic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a CLASSIC joke! I can still remember hearing it the first time in the old blue van...

    ReplyDelete
  3. #27 "....And made a friend that I will consider a best friend for life". That has to be me. Tell me if it is?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) I kept it a singular tense, though it was meant to represent YOU, Jay & Sally. And iiiiii :)

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet