Monday, September 12, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 5

Day 5 - A Picture of a Favorite Memory

How about three pictures with memories of each of my three youth groups?


Pine Hill Friends Meeting was the first church I served. My favorite memories are our weekly prayer breakfasts before school. We met every Monday morning, I cooked a homemade breakfast, and we kept a journal of all of our prayer requests. Then one member would take home the journal and pray over all the requests that week. It was a beautiful time together. However, would you believe I couldn't find a picture of that memory? Thus, this picture is taken from our epic trip to Disney World with Springfield and Oak Hill. It was an amazing trip...just a couple of weeks before I got married!


ChristChurch Presbyterian (formerly known as Bellaire Presbyterian) was known for its classic beach retreats! Sure, we had great mission trips and weekly gatherings and who could forget the Pumpkin Patch. But it's the beach retreats that I think of first. We had three, two in the summers, one in the winter. Each retreat had a theme - Dr. Seuss, Jesus in the Movies, and Gilligan's Island! What we looked forward to most was the intense Iron Chef Competition...and maybe the guys vs. gals sandcastle building, too! We loved staying at the Sea Biscuit on Crystal Beach...and just like I left in November 2008, so the Sea Biscuit was swept away by Hurricane Ike. Only the eldest members of the youth group were invited on the beach trips...and the plan is for us all to meet back in June 2012 for a beach trip reunion!


Herndon UMC was known for its fantastic mission trips. However, my fondest memories come on the Sr. High Winter Retreat. Thanks to the House Family who had a wonderful house nestled in the mountains of Wintergreen Resort, we always had beautiful accomadations. While I always wanted to have a planned agenda, I mostly just enjoyed hanging out and really retreating with the kids. Northern VA is known for its busyness, and giving the kids and myself a break was always the sabbath we needed.

Ah...I miss all these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet