Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Summer of Travel, Part 2



What better way to end a trip in San Francisco than driving down the Pacific Coast Highway!

The first stop was 17-mile drive and a loop around Pebble Beach and Carmel-by-the-Sea:



Next was a stop in Big Sur for a coffee break. Sitting beside a couple from England made the one hour stopover very worthwhile and memorable. Of course, who would not want to spend an hour with a view like this!! --->

After spending the night in Malibu, and dropping off a resume to Malibu Presbyterian Church (who wouldn't want to work there??!), it was onto Los Angeles. Traffic, as most know, is comparable to a nightmare in LA. Thus, when one gets off the beaten path, you never know what you'll run into! Trying to find a coffee shop to meet my "Uncle" David, I ran into this sign:

Welcome to Hollywood! What's your dream? 


That evening, I indulged in my favorite pastime yet again...watching a Los Angeles Angels and Seattle Mariners game. What a beautiful stadium! Don't tell the Giants fans, but the Angels' Stadium is MUCh nicer! Even better, a friend from Appalachian State joined me in the outfield! It was great to see Amanda Privette Roberson!!




No better way to end a trip to Los Angeles that spending time with another old friend, one that has known me my entire life, dear Becky Rees Memmelaar. How lucky am I to be surrounded by such wonderful, encouraging members of God's family?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet