Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Summer of Travel, Part 4

Did you read about the latest adventure-filled trip to Haiti? If not, go back and do so here!

June 27 rolled around and it was time to fly to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for PCUSA General Assembly. I, for one, was stoked knowing many of my colleagues from across the country would be stopping by the Solar Under The Sun booth in the exhibit hall. However, once I arrived in Pittsburgh, to be greeted by the illustrious members of Bower Hill Community Church, I realized this trip would be filled with life-long memories.

Let's take a stroll down memory lane through pictures and videos:

Claire Sparks, former youth, former intern, current friend, made the trip to Pittsburgh to stand with me for hours in the Solar Under the Sun exhibit hall booth. Over the course of 7 days, I am certain we meet 1000 people from all over the country. What a great opportunity to share with the greater Community of the wonderful ministry that Solar Under The Sun is!

.....To celebrating friendship! (With Jen Reiff James & Claire Sparks)
At one point during GA, there were four members in the SUTS booth - one from the church I served in Houston, a colleague from northern Virginia, a pastor I served with on a mission to Haiti, and a pastor I have partnered with in Las Vegas. Can anyone say connections? Whoever said christianity is not a relational, connectional faith needs to come visit a Solar Under The Sun booth! 

 Jimmy Buffet rocks Pittsburgh upon the night on my arrival! Darenda Lease and I took our seats on the lawn and sang along for 90 minutes! Fins to the left, fins to the right!! 


The Boys of Sun Tour hit Pittsburgh on Saturday, June 30. Claire, the Youngs and I walked the five miles to Heinz Field after working all day in the Hall, and we rocked out for 7 hours to Jake Owen, Grace Potter, Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney. That's Tim McGraw in all white. Yes, it was heavenly. As I said repeatedly over the week, if one must stand in an exhibit hall for 8-10 hours a day, one must also have FUN! I am thankful my friends & co-workers agreed!

Kenny & Tim closed down the show with Feel Like A Rock Star!





Though I didn't make it to a game, the Pirates were in town playing none other than the Houston Astros. At least we had a great view of the park everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet