Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Summer of Travel, Part 7



What is a trip to Orlando without a stop by DisneyWorld!

The only times I have been to DisneyWorld have been as a student in a youth group (read about that here), as a Youth Pastor chaperoning a youth group, or with family members. Each time was very enjoyable and left lasting memories! However, this time, I was able to experience DisneyWorld as a party of ONE! By midday, I had been through almost every single ride in the Magic Kingdom. Space mountain, check! Buzz Lightyear, check! Winnie the Pooh, check! Tea Cups, check! And so on, and so forth!  By early afternoon, I was having a volcano roll in Japan and exploring Epcot! After a week of standing in a booth, my endurance was waning, and by four o'clock, I was ready to call it a day. On the way back to the monorail, Spaceship Earth had NO line. It was the first time I had ridden inside the big golf ball and it was fantastic....well, except getting stuck in the pitch dark for 20 minutes!







After a great day at DisneyWorld, AGB squared had one more night together...to celebrate friendship and Emily choosing Jef-with-one-f on the Bachelorette Finale! It was truly a day made JUST for Ashley! :) Before heading home, I made a quick road trip to Tampa to catch up with the Jones family! What a blast from the past, as Carl was my own former youth pastor. Amazing how student-pastor relationships can turn into friendships.

I am so very thankful for a family who allows me to travel, for friends to have fun with along the way, and for those who travel with me in spirit so I never have to be alone!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot help but notice that I may be the only person you saw all summer that you did not photograph. Not sure whether to be hurt or honored! :) It was so great to see you in Tampa, and we eagerly await the next trip this way!

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet