Sunday, November 25, 2012

Haiti "Herky Perky" Trip, October 18, 2012



Prayer Partners of the Day: Leslie Toth & Faith Nettnin

With most of our work behind us, we took the opportunity to follow up on sites in the Leogane-area today, especially those that were requiring a loving touch. In Darbonne, as the team was troubleshooting with the pump and meeting with the new priest, I found myself on the pre-school playground surrounded by 50 children! While they could not quite grasp the concept of ring-around-the-roseys, they completely understood how to turn me into a jungle gym and make me smile! In fact, it got so rambunctious, the principal came out and asked me to leave!

After visiting around Leogane, it was time for me to pack up. I am leaving a day before the rest of the group to speak in Houston at the Presbytery of the New Covenant meeting. Thankfully, we have finished up our work and I don't feel like I am leaving the group in a lurch.

Ancy and I had such a nice drive to Port Au Prince. We reviewed the trip and made a list of tasks for the upcoming weeks. It was sad, of course, to say goodbye, but I am already looking forward to the first two weeks in January when we will be back again.

Walls Guest House is deserted tonight; there are only two other guests. Usually the grounds are overrun with church groups or journalists, and it is a bit eery! However, on the bright side, they gave me a big room with air conditioning, and with the rain coming down it is sure to be a good night for sleeping.

Another trip to Haiti is in the books, and trip number 13 is sure to be forever memorable. Thanks be to God for this opportunity, and thanks be to you, our prayer partners, for sustaining us throughout the journey. Together, we are making a difference one watt at a time! Let the clean water flow for all God's children!





Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet