Sunday, November 25, 2012

Haiti "Herky Perky" Trip, October 15, 2012

Prayer Partners of the Day: Claire Sparks & Barb Black

Big House
Today was a blur. We awoke in Torbeck after a good night's sleep and went straight to work in Les Cayes. Charles had arrived with the replacement breaker, but unfortunately, it did not fix the problem. Troubleshooting continued, and I left feeling just as frustrated as the day before.

Darivager
Our dear friend, Frantzou Avril, joined us today. Frantzou has been with us on numerous installations, and he most recently came to Solar School. We visited four Global Orphan Project sites today -- Darivager, Big House, La Hatte and Cherette. My friend, Rochelin, stopped by to visit while we were at Darivager. He has just gotten married and they are now expecting a child!

Reunited with Richard
Of course, I was most excited to visit Cherette, home of an installation last October. Over the last few month, I have stopped by many times, hoping to see my favorite child, Richard. Each time, he has been at school or running errands with the pastor, and I have missed him. Finally, this time, he was at the orphanage! As soon as he came running out, I could not believe my eyes. He has grown a foot and is just a beautiful as he was. It was as if no time had gone by, and immediately my heart melted and I forgot my frustrations.

The team was starting to drag a bit, and we felt we deserved a treat. We stopped into Jardin Sur Mer for dinner, and though "uncle Bob" was not there, we enjoyed the company of his wife.

The biggest surprise of the day came in our arrival at Palmiste A Vin, my home away from home. Brother Olizard has built up the place, and I now have my own suite, complete with private bathroom! Sonie and Daniel were there to greet us, and oh, it is good to be home. I cannot wait to sleep in my bed and take that ice cold shower tomorrow morning.

Perfect for porch time at Palmiste a Vin

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet