Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Blog!

Happy Anniversary, The Thanksgiving Project!!

A year ago today, I wrote my first entries on The Thanksgiving Project. At the time, we had just moved to Vegas. I was adjusting to life as an unemployed pastor, which has most definitely not been an easy transition, and I was preparing to get back into the swing of graduate school. Life was quickly moving in very different directions. Knowing so much change was approaching, it was important for me to fight a melancholy spirit and remember to be grateful for the circumstances of each day, even the little things, and thus, this blog took shape. While life at times dominated and postings were not daily, having an attitude of gratitude was a priority in my life.

With its cornucopia of blessings, 2010 was a monumental year in my life, and now as I look back upon 2011, I can see the blessings are just as plentiful as in the previous year.

Looking back, the highlights include:

  • Five trips to Haiti, including a month-long stay
  • Three semesters of Seminary
  • Three trips to Arkansas for Solar Under The Sun training and meetings
  • Two trips to Tennessee for Living Waters for the World meetings
  • One new job 
  • Numerous visits from fantastic friends and family
  • And a partridge in a pear tree

The blog itself has been a great part of everyday (or almost everyday) life, and what amazed me even more were that people actually read the blog! In fact, while most of my readers do come from the US, a shout-out to those in Russia & Malaysia who are also faithful readers! Perhaps you'd like to catch up on reading? These were the top ten posts viewed over the past year:



And so, Happy Anniversary Thanksgiving Project! The upcoming year is sure to be just as exciting with a multitude of blessings & bloggings. The year will start with a bang when two precious gals from northern Virginia, Allison & Diana, will visit us the first week in January, and quickly thereafter two trips to Haiti will be upon us! The challenge will be to live life with a bit of gumption, enjoying life in the moment and living each passing second with joy and thanksgiving without being caught up in the balderdash and whirlwind of travel and work.

Grace & peace be with each of you, and many thanks to you for joining me along this journey.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Ashley! This blog has been such a great way to share in your life. I look forward to much more!!! And a Happy New Year as well- just full of exclamations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carl! You know how I love exclamations!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet