Saturday, February 23, 2013

Cuba! Haiti! Oh My!

What better way to spend the season of Lent than serving with two of THE BEST mission organizations ~ Solar Under The Sun and Living Waters for the World!

Wednesday, February 27 I will board a small plane and head to the island of Cuba! This will be my first trip to Cuba! Traveling with just one other person, we will leave Miami late morning and land in Havana by noon. Living Waters for the World In-Country Coordinator Moraima Gonzalez will meet us at the airport and serve as our host and tour guide for the day. We had originally thought the next day we would board a bus and travel all the way to the eastern edge of the island to Holguin. Thankfully, Moraima worked out a plan for us to take a small plane over! This made my stomach very happy. In Holguin, we will meet with the Superintendent, Clerk and representatives from Cuba Yearly Meeting. We are hopeful to come away with a signed covenant agreement to partner and install clean water systems in the Holguin area. What a true blessing it will be to work with my Quaker Friends and the mission organization I love.

The Cuba trip will come to an end on March 5. With just a quick turn around, I will take off for Haiti on March 14-30. This will be an exciting trip serving first with my favorite team from Herndon, VA. After their solar-powered water installation in Cazale, I will take a few days for R&R and then meet my new, rookie team from Las Vegas, NV. They will be installing a solar-powered clean water system in Philadelphia, near Gonaives. This will be such an exciting trip, as I will travel much to meet with current partners for follow up evaluation of their systems, and we will meet with potential new partners and future installations.

For all of this traveling with Solar Under the Sun and Living Waters for the World, and for our mission to succeed, we cannot go without YOU!  While my packing has not yet begun, I know one thing I will not leave home without! PRAYER PARTNERS!  Would you be interested in praying for me and the team one day during our trip? We will also lift you in prayer that day.

Will partner with us? Below is the list of dates:

February 27 - Barbara Shaffer
February 28 - Sean Devolites
March 1 - Becky Memmelaar
March 2 - Mary Kate Barnett
March 3 - Dana Jo Abraham Monk
March 4 - Carla Barnard
March 5 - Sam Medvene

March 14 - Leslie Toth
March 15 - Bill Reed
March 16 - Allison Fleig
March 17 - Jay Horstman
March 18 - Kendall Cox
March 19 - Meredith Gerhardt
March 20 - Diana Grace
March 21 - Stephanie Lada
March 22 - Shane Gray
March 23 - Carrie Delisio
March 24 - Claire Sparks
March 25 - Karen Cook
March 26 - Susan Rose
March 27 - Kathy Hogan & Fam
March 28 - Chuck Arnold
March 29 - Everludis Lopez
March 30 -Tim Myrick

Thank you, friends, and may the peace of Christ surround you with love and joy.

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet