Thursday, February 21, 2013

Haiti Trip, January 11, 2013


Prayer Partners of the Day: Josh Hagstrom & Jay Horstman

By the grace of God, even though Bob had given me the wrong departure date, I was able to change my flight to today. Last night, I set my alarm for zero-dark-thirty and set it to play "God Gave Me You" by Blake Shelton as my wake up song. I must have fallen asleep with my iPod in...and at 11:00pm, "God Gave Me You" played, and my body woke me up, and I hopped in the shower...only to discover it was 11:00pm! 

I reset the alarm, and this time was up at 4:15am to pack up and leave by 5:00am. Olizard woke to greet us, and we met Ancy and Hans on the road! Hans is so precious in his school uniform. He fell asleep, with Arnie Armadillo in his grasp and cuddled up beside me. 

We were at the airport just before 7:00am! We made incredible time really good time considering the highly unpredictable traffic of Port Au Prince. I hugged Bob, Jim & Peggy, as they were on the flight ahead of me to Fort Lauderdale, and thankfully had a peaceful, quiet time to check in with family while enjoying a cup of joe. It was a good trip. It was a successful trip. For the first time in a while, I am not ready to leave, despite being here longer than a week. The Spirit was alive and active in each person and in each site we visited. Talk about home? This is it. 

Peace, my friends, until the next adventure!

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet