Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Haiti Journal Day #8 - January 24

A picture from earlier in the week. Beautiful?
Prayer Partner of the Day - Carrie Delisio


Today began with a jolt! No really... At about 5:45am, the building was shaking! Yes indeed, it was a small earthquake! It lasted only seconds, but my room was actually swaying back and forth! It was an odd feeling, and Brother Olizard came running in to ask if I was okay! Feeling such a small quake, I can only imagine what the "real" earthquake two years ago was like.

Shortly thereafter, Brother Jean Charles came to fetch me for a visitor at the gate. Who in the world would be visiting me? Apparently, Ancy had sent word to Trouin to our water system operator, Amos, that I was in town. Amos came by to say hello and retrieve his gift from the Wycoff family. He was overjoyed to receive the picture book, and he sent many warm greetings to the team from our August trip to Trouin & Cheridant.

Since then, it has been a very quiet day sitting under the mango tree and feeling the cool breeze. Turns out, I will be cutting my trip short and will head back home tomorrow. While I will miss working with the dynamic duo of Bob & Chuck (we really do make the great three amigos), it is a good decision to go home and get healthy. No need to stay when I will be absolutely useless to the work going on around me.

Your prayers, as always, sustain me, and because of you, I always feel surrounded by a team of warriors. Thank you for your support and encouragement. It has been a pleasure to share this journey with you.

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you today Ashley. Have a safe journey home and feel better soon. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Carl! At home now and returning to life! Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet