Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Haiti Trip, June 2012 - Day 8

Prayer Partners of the Day - Carrie Delisio & Lorri Ronis


Last night, in our small room in the dungeon of Walls Guest House, someone got up every few minutes. Whether it was Helen repacking in her mind, Bill going to the bathroom, or me shining the flashlight for those walking back and forth, it was a hilariously, sleepless night! When the alarms went off at 5:00am, we were already awake and ready to get the day started. Thank goodness, we also heard from the five others and they were on their way without incident.

They arrived!
Upon arrival at the Port-Au-Prince airport, there was no one in line. There was no one inside, and I walked right through the first of the three security checkpoints and up to the counter without stopping. Honestly, it was a bit eery! We were through the three checkpoints and pat downs and immigration before the coffee shop was open in the upstairs lounge. When we finally saw our five fellas coming through the final of the three checkpoints, we jumped for joy! I have never been so excited to see five people in my life. It was so good to be reunited with the entire team before we parted ways.

With everyone safe and sound, it was time to close this chapter of Haiti and prepare to go home. It has been a good trip. The emotions have been numerous - joy, thanksgiving, humility, happiness, a wee bit of fear, anxiety, and relief. God has blessed us with a group which assimilated almost immediately, a partnership that formed quickly, and with natural leadership and fellowship. It was an honor to serve with this team.

Though I say it much too often, how lucky am I? How lucky I am to serve with amazing leaders and servants? How lucky am I to be given numerous opportunities from our Lord and Savior? How lucky am I to have prayer partners and family members who support and encourage the work we do? How lucky am I?

Thank you for joining me on this journey! Without you, it wouldn't be nearly as fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet