Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Haiti Trip, June 2012 - Day 3

The beautiful site as we arrived in Les Cayes
Prayer Partners of the Day - Bob McCoy & Chuck Arnold

Loading up!
Something I never thought I'd say in Haiti.... It was SO COLD in my room last night!! They had an air conditioning unit in my room, and I could not figure out how to turn it off! Thus, I shivered all night!

Ancy came at 6:30am and we took Hans to school! Afterward, we napped at the airport to wait for Bill & Hank, our two last team members. It was so good to see them, and back to the hotel we went to gather our team. Finally we are complete!

Once out of Port Au Prince, we stopped by the Diquini Hospital to say hello to Surpris' family, and made a beeline for Leogane. Once at Roody Joseph's site, we stopped off to check on the pump, etc there. While Roody was not there, we had a great time chewing the fat with his father, Pastor Abraham. Another friend, Gary Joseph, stopped by to retrieve the computer I was sent with.

Back on the road, we had our first oops! The Kia began to overheat. Thankfully, we found a nice shaded spot to pull over and cool it off, and there was also a creek running by with water to fill the radiator! Thirty minutes later we were back on the road.
Smoke coming from the Kia

The boys were hungry, so another stop was made in Miragoane. Thankfully, they have nice bathrooms there! The Ireland/Spain game was on, too!

Back on the road...again...we ran into an oops! The Kia was overheating again. Thankfully, we again found a shaded spot with a watering hole near by! (Can you see the pattern here??!)

We finally made it to Les Cayes before dark, and Pere Colbert Estil greeted us warmly! The building looked superb, Valdes had the solar panels up on the pole already and the board mounted. We unpacked and the fellas' excitement grew by the second to finally be at the site!

With Charline & Rochelin
We're staying on the second floor at the rectory, and would you believe I have my own suite?! We are all essentially in one room...I just have a nook with two windows.

My friend, Rochelin, and his fiancé Charline, came by for dessert, and it was so good to see them. Did I mention how HOT it is here? Serves me right for complaining about being so cold last night...!!

After a nice devotion time tonight, I bid you good night, and peace be with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet