Monday, June 11, 2012

Prayer Partners for Haiti

After going to Haiti each of the first three months this year, it has felt a little odd to have several months away! However, the time has come to go back "home" and visit my family!

This trip will be to Les Cayes, Haiti to install a solar-powered clean water system at St. Savior Episcopal Church and School under the care of Pere Colbert Estil. I met Pere Colbert just briefly earlier this year while in Cayes. He is a good man who has waited patiently and eagerly for a system at his site. The team traveling from the US is a diverse group, all trained by Solar Under The Sun and Living Waters for the World and all coming from different parts of the country with few of us ever meeting previously in person. The group is led by Fondren Presbyterian Church under the fantastic leadership of Bill Mendenhall, who I have known for years but have yet to have the opportunity to serve alongside.

The trip will start with a bang, as the airline gave me a "schedule change" and I am now on the redeye to Miami tomorrow night. Nothing like being tired for the first day in Haiti! As always, the most important thing I pack for these trips is my prayer partners! If you would like to partner with me, let me know, as I will be praying for you, too!

Tuesday, June 12 - Candace Lansberry
Wednesday, June 13 - Carl Jones & Louise Horst
Thursday, June 14 - Bob McCoy & Chuck Arnold
Friday, June 15 - Diana Grace & Carla Barnard
Saturday, June 16 - Rollin & Linda Wycoff & Darenda Lease
Sunday, June 17 - Mom & Maple Springs UMC & Bill Reed
Monday, June 18 - Kendall Cox & Jon Reece
Tuesday, June 19 - Carrie Delisio & Lorri Ronis

2 comments:

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet