Friday, July 15, 2011

Blackjack & Blogs

Yesterday, one of my great friends from Houston arrived in Vegas... I love Priscilla, and it's been much too long since we've seen each other! Once she stepped off the airplane, our fun festivities began. In search of a unique lunch spot, we ended up at Mesa Grill in Caesar's Palace! This fed my slight crush on Bobby Flay even more, as the food was absolutely incredible. Fresh Ahi Tuna "nachos" for an appetizer & a "chili" salmon on a bed of spinach for the entree... I should have taken pictures, as it looked beautiful and tasted so fresh and light.

Throughout this blog, you may have figured out I am a bit of a "foodie" and since we have arrived in Vegas, I have become quite the tour guide. This led us to a BLOG idea... What if I started a travel blog... A local's guide to Vegas with all the tricks, bells, whistles, must-sees and must not sees... We have great plans for this blog. Perhaps it will be humbly titled, "In My Humble Opinion..." Yes? No? Maybe so? We'll see!

The night ended with the two of us sitting at a Blackjack table. I've only gambled twice - once at a roulette table and once at a slot machine. Blackjack, I've never played, except at my kitchen table with the boys. The highlights came quickly... Our dealer, Saber, was hilarious. We also met a gentleman, Steve, who was just shy of turning 91-years old, and at 10:30pm, we took him to dinner at Hash House A Go-Go. His stories were great, and it made our night as much as it made his night. So, how'd I do at Blackjack, you may be asking? We were at the table for a solid two hours, maybe three or four. I lost track of time it was so much fun. In the end, I'm pretty sure we lost it all... I was just thankful we were playing with Priscilla's money!

Today is Spa Day, followed by Cirque De Soliel night! Oh, it's good to have great friends, and it's great to have good times. How lucky and thankful am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet