Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Prayer Partners, August 2011

They're ready for our team! 
Surprise, surprise... I am leaving for Haiti this Sunday! Does anyone else feel like I've been in Haiti more than I've been in Vegas this year? I'm certainly feeling that way, but in reality it's simply splitting time between my two homes. The only problem is that I've gotten pretty relaxed on my packing rituals and preparations! It's already Tuesday and I have yet to find my Prayer Partners! Not to mention the actual packing of supplies, making sure I have enough meds, and working ahead in school.

The Volunteer House in Cheridant, Haiti
This time around I will not be staying in my favorite room at Little Brothers of St. Therese's monastery. I am a bit saddened by this, as I have grown accustom to my luxury living in Haiti. We will, however, be staying in the new guest quarters building in Cheridant. The facility has recently been finished and we will be the first group staying there. There are 13 in the group....my LUCKY number! Along with your prayers, this ensures we will have a successful trip.

This trip is very special in that we will have FOUR projects in one week. We will install two solar-powered water systems, one stand-alone solar system to power the Volunteer House, and one single-family home solar system at Ancy's mother's house. How exciting is this??

Unfortunately, since I will not be staying in luxury, there is not wireless internet at our guest quarters. Thus, there will be no nightly visits to the mango tree to write the blog and update our friends, family and prayer partners. The blogging will come all at once upon my return.

Onto the topic at hand... PRAYER PARTNERS!  Who would like to partner with me and the team in prayer this week? This not only means you will pray for us, but we will also hold you in prayer. Without prayer partners, my trip is not complete...not even halfway. Your encouragement and support sustains us through the heat, the not-so-luxurious moments, and the exhaustion! So who's with me?

Sunday, July 31 - Dad & Carl Jones (He's ALWAYS my prayer partner for travel days!)
Monday, August 1 - Becky Field-Ross
Tuesday, August 2 - Sarah Anderson & Bob McCoy
Wednesday, August 3 - Barb Black
Thursday, August 4 - Sean Devolites
Friday, August 5 - Jon Reece
Saturday, August 6 - Hogan Family
Sunday, August 7 - Jan Koerner & Maple Springs UMC
Monday, August 8 - Diana Grace & Barbara Shaffer

Sunday, August 7 is a VERY special day. Not only will I have the privilege of delivering the Sunday message at the Episcopal Church in Trouin, but it is also my SEVENTH wedding anniversary! I am so thankful to be married to a wonderful, supportive man, and to have YOU as prayer partners! Thank you for joining me on this journey!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like another great adventure, my friend! I am always so blessed to be part of your "prayer team;" makes me feel like I am right there working with you. Blessings on another important mission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carl! I am so lucky to have you along on this journey. It means the world to me to have your prayers and support. Thank you, Friend!

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet