Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lazy Sundays & New Beginnings

It's always hard to get back to blogging after a great trip to Haiti. Between the laundry, playing catch up, writing school papers, and enjoying time with John, there is little time to do much else! Sitting here today while hanging out with John, it hit me that it's Sunday afternoon and I really miss being at church. Dare I say, I was "bored." After eight years in youth ministry, Sundays now are quite different. 

Then: I would arrive at church between 7 and 7:30am to set up, have quiet time, and prepare for the worship services and Sunday school.
Now: I slip in the door 30 seconds before the prelude!

Then: Between the first service and 12:00pm, I would always have someone by my side asking a question, following me to a room to get something, or telling me how I could do my job better.
Now: If I'm lucky, Dick, the greeter, will remember my name and say hello.

Then: When the final service was over, even if it ended "on time," I still wouldn't get home till 2:00pm, if at all. 
Now: I only go to one service, usually the earliest one!

Then: Lunch would always include at least one church family.
Now: I come straight home, and have brunch with John!

Then: I would attend one or two youth sporting events after worship and rush to youth group.
Now: I watch NFL games on television or catch a baseball game in town.

Then: I would arrive an hour before youth group started, to set up, make sure the lesson was ready, or help the students who were leading the activities.
Now: I take Sunday afternoon naps!
 
You may be thinking, "Wow, sounds like a great trade!" Ah yes, for the first time since we've been married, it IS nice to have the same weekend as my husband. However, I miss the kiddos. While skyping and texting is great, there's nothing like hearing about the latest boyfriend drama over a game of Phase 10 or solving a parental disagreement over a smoothie at Robex. Cheese fries at Jax would fix anything, and the best Bible studies were over coffee at Starbucks. Sundays just aren't the same. 

BUT! Change is good, right? And tomorrow, change is upon us. Tomorrow, I officially start my new position as Administrator of Solar Under The Sun! (Check it out at www.solarunderthesun.org!) Between the new job, school, and family life, I am one happy camper, and looking forward to this new "change" in life! It's like taking a new step into a new stage of life. The good news is I won't do it alone - I am thankful for our great God, His strength, and the amazing people He has surrounded me with in life. So...here we go! Turning the page to a new chapter! 

Ready!

Set!!

Go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet