Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Day of Thanks

Today is a big day! It's a HUGE day!

First, I am leaving for Haiti tomorrow. It's my fourth trip there this year, and I seem to have packing down to a science! I'm so excited... It'll be a HUGE trip. Four installations in one week! Prayer partners, you have a big task ahead of you! Ah, I'm so thankful. I am so thankful for the opportunity to go to the country I love, serve alongside the people I love, and to be held in prayer by a great group of friends.  Really, how lucky and blessed am I?

Second, since I will be in Haiti next week and will be consequentially missing my seventh wedding anniversary, we are celebrating tonight! It's wonderful! Seven years! I had a theme night planned out, but poor husband is on call this weekend. Knowing that he'd be crushed if he had to leave right in the middle of our fun festivities, we decided to keep it low-key. I am so thankful for an amazing husband!

Third, and quite possibly the biggest news of the YEAR... I am going to be a grandmother!!! Yes, it's true! Clint & Arlene are expecting! I never imagined I'd be so excited, and John is simply beside himself with joy. The Broadhurst Family will be growing into a new generation, and we are so excited. Have I mentioned lately how thankful I am to be a part of this family?

It's a big day! A HUGE day! Thank you all for joining me on this journey! I am so very thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet