Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Haiti Travel Day - July 31, 2011

Prayer Partners: Bill Goad (AKA Dad) & Carl Jones

It was a fairly uneventful day of travel, which is exactly what I like! Since American Airlines still cannot get me from Vegas to Port Au Prince in one day, I spent the morning hanging out with John, and then I enjoyed a smooth flight to Miami. They played the movie Rio, which I highly recommend! It was very entertaining! And since American Airlines will not keep my bags overnight, I picked them up and drug them to the hotel with me. The hotel shuttle pulled away from the airport at about the time I walked outside...just my luck. Thankfully it was a nice evening, not too hot and humid, and I patiently waited.

Tomorrow is the big day! I'll sleep in, have a nice breakfast, and meet the gang at the airport midday! Fourth trip to Haiti this year... By the end of this trip, I (with the help of many teams) will have installed this year three solar-powered clean water systems, six standard clean water systems, and two stand-alone solar power systems. WOW! God is using our teams to do amazing things in Haiti. How lucky am I to be a part of it?!

We thank you again for joining us on this journey! Your prayers will be very helpful! Specifically we will ask for a couple of things -- first, please pray the storm brewing to the southeast of Haiti does not turn into a hurricane! While I love a good storm, I don't want to experience one in Haiti! Second, a few members of our team are experiencing travel woes and will not make it to Haiti with us on Monday. Pray for their safety as we hope they will still be able to join us!

Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet