Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August Haiti Trip - Day #5 - Friday, August 5

Prayer Partner of the Day - Jon Reece

It was a slow morning. Everyone awakened slowly. We were surprised Emily had passed so peacefully during the night. The clouds and the wind were still high, but the rain was gone.

Everything was on a delay today. Ancy was late. The Cheridant students arrived very late, and the Trouin class arrived very late. It was banner day, though, and we had a great time singing songs and making the banners. Lesly & Amos continue to come to class in Cheridant and teach in the afternoons in Trouin. What a blessing they are!

I took time this morning to rewrite my sermon after Caleb gave great suggestions and edits. I'm starting to get very excited about giving it on Sunday.

As of tonight, the health & hygiene classes have concluded, two solar/water systems are up and running, and the solar system for the volunteer house is powering the building nicely. We are simply awaiting alternate solar parts to complete the jobs. Green Energy promises they will meet us tomorrow with the parts. Chris, Steve & Ancy will ride down to meet them, and Jerry & I will be dropped off at the Notre Dame Orphanage in Leogane to repair the pump.

Still no luggage. Ancy has called the airport just about every hour every day. Ah well. Again, I simply so thankful for the members of our team and their great donations to my wardrobe! I am filled with humility, as I am such an independent person and depending on others is really teaching me the act of being humble and thankful for others. We are a great team, and I am so happy to be here. Many thanks to those who are holding us in prayer! We feel certain those prayers weakened Emily and steered her away from us!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet