Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August Haiti Trip - Day #8 - Monday, August 8

Prayer Partners of the Day - Diana Grace & Barbara Shaffer

The last day in Haiti...until January perhaps! We left for the airport early this morning, and I had no idea we were so close. Our ride was only 5 minutes at the most, which was very nice. The ladies inside the airport took pity on my luggage situation and upgraded me to first class for the trip to Miami! It was a nice little perk!

I must admit, I am ready to go home. Perhaps it is all the traveling I have done this year? Perhaps it is the lack of comfort without my own personal clothes and belongings? Whatever the case, I am tired, and I am ready. Is that bad of me?

So again we close the book on yet another successful installation trip to Haiti. Two communities are drinking clean water powered by solar panels, and two houses are now able to extend their days by having lights at nighttime. Jesus truly is the LIGHT of the world and the LIVING WATER for our bodies and souls. Above all, I am thankful that He is using me to share that LIGHT and share His WATER in the world.

Onward home...

1 comment:

  1. It was lovely to get to spend the week with you Ashley! It's not bad that you were ready to go home--I think we all felt ready (well, I think Lesedi might have stayed a bit longer...). Sorry your bag never showed up (I hope that the airline might help you out some with that). If it's any consolation at all, I'm still doing laundry.... :D

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet