Friday, November 4, 2011

Thanksgiving Month, Day 4 - November 4

Thanksgiving of the Day: Church Staffs & Coffee

Today's thanksgiving comes in the form of a coffee maker! Upon departing Herndon UMC, the staff gave me a Keurig coffee maker, which now sits prominently in my kitchen. In fact, it is the only appliance used every single day! As Melanie, the Children's Pastor, once told me, "I've only seen you once without coffee. Don't let that ever happen again!"

What I miss most about working on a church staff is the Christian fellowship. Two of my distinguished colleagues, Melanie & Ryan, are very near and dear to my heart. Melanie and I would yell across the hall to each other, or I would spend hours in her rocking chair to distract her from work. Ryan was always up for jumping in the car and going off to a new restaurant for lunch, and his sermons were inspiring and simply outstanding. Working with these two made me a better pastor. They challenged me to think outside the box, and they supported and encouraged me every step of the way.

So, this cup is for you, Melanie & Ryan! I am so thankful for you! I miss you, and I miss our team work, but I think about you every day! ....Mmmm...it's good coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet