Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thanksgiving Month, Days 4, 5 & 6 - November 6

Thanksgiving of the Day: Sports

This may seem so very contrite. I love sports. I love all sports. I've said it many times before. I love college basketball, college football, NFL football, soccer - domestic and abroad, baseball, golf, racing... I love it all. With that said, this weekend has been one great weekend for sports.

First, the Major League Soccer playoffs are in high gear. Friday night, Houston Dynamo won their game, as did LA Galaxy. This put them in their conference finals for Sunday night. Houston has already posted their win tonight, advancing to the MLS Cup Finals. Will LA Galaxy? Stayed tuned tonight to find out!

College football was on fire yesterday. Though my top two teams - UNC and Appalachian State - lost early in the day, the stage was set for a phenomenal evening. I've taken quite the liking to the University of Arkansas with all of my travels to the state for Solar Under The Sun meetings and solar school. They were ranked #7 and taking the #9 South Carolina Gamecocks. The Hogs won! This game was in the second quarter when both the Alabama/LSU game and the Oklahoma State/Kansas State game started. We clearly had to find our way to a sports bar in order to watch three games at once. The Tide/Tiger game was like watching a chess match, while the battle of the states was an impressive touchdown showdown.

Moving to today, the Denver Broncos got a really good win with Tim Tebow at the helm! Following the game, a ESPN commercial came on to advertise the "Carrier Classic!" UNC versus Michigan State aboard the USS Carl Vinson on Friday night! My heart was racing. College basketball returns with preseason #1, UNC TarHeels playing on top of an aircraft carrier! WOW!

Oh I am thankful for sports. All sports. And I am very thankful for a husband who puts up with my sporting addiction! Hey, he should be the thankful one, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet