Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thanksgiving Month, Day 12, November 12



Thanksgiving of the Day: College Football Games & Tailgating

Today was a first. I have never been to a SEC College Football game, and believe me when I say, it lived up to all of the hype! There is nothing much better than University of Arkansas versus University of Tennessee. It's an old rivalry, and though Arkansas is a top ten ranked team and Tennessee is not ranked, we were expecting a great game!

Tailgating took place at the Presbyterian United Campus Ministries building at University of Arkansas. I am blessed with the friendship of the campus minister there, and she graciously allowed us to crash in the building due to the wind gusts and chilly temperatures! We parked there and it was a short easy walk to the stadium.

Even better, I was able to renew friendship with one of my old "youths", Alex Schroller, who is now a Hendrix College Graduate. We spent a wonderful bit of time catching up and just plain talking outside of the stadium before the game started. I am so thankful for Alex and all of my former "youth." They continue to enrich my life every single day.

The game began with a bang as we "called the hog" and yelled a few "pig sooooies". Oh, the crowd was electric, and though our seats were one row from the very top, we were able to have a great view to watch each play unfold. By halftime, we were close to being popsicles, and when the score reached 42-7 in favor of the Razorbacks, it was time to go!

What an amazing day! I am so thankful for friends, fellowship and football!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet