Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thanksgiving Month, Days 7, 8 & 9 - November 7-9



Thanksgivings of the Days - Solar Under The Sun & Living Waters For The World

Two organizations are near and dear to my heart. Back in 2007 when we lived in Houston, I was introduced to Living Waters for the World, a mission organization designed to train mission teams to give the gift of clean water to international communities in need. I went to their training facility, Clean Water U, in Oxford, Mississippi, for a five-day training session. Immediately, I was hooked. Shortly thereafter, I accompanied a team from Bellaire, TX to Xmaben, Mexico to install a reverse osmosis clean water system and teach a hygiene education class. Following that installation, I went back to Clean Water U for more training and went back to Mexico to survey for potential sites. By the time we moved to northern Virginia, our Bellaire team made the move to Haiti, and thankfully, they asked me to join them to continue the work. This was one of the BIGGEST blessings and thanksgivings of my life.

My first LWW installation in Haiti was also the very first installation for Solar Under The Sun, as the very first solar-powered clean water system was built in July 2009 in Arcahaie, Haiti at Pere Irnel Duveaux's parish. This set off a flurry of involvement for me, as my passion for bringing clean water and solar power to Haiti was lit. Since July 2009, I have served on eight installation teams building fourteen clean water systems, eight of which are solar-powered, and two stand-alone solar systems. Because of these two organizations, my mission addiction is being met, my family size has grown immensely with my brothers and sisters in Haiti, LWW, & SUTS, and professionally, I get to do what I love everyday.

The entries from these three days are written from a "business trip." As I type, I am sitting in Franklin, TN in a leadership meeting for LWW. Following this meeting, we will go to Little Rock and meet for two days with the Board for SUTS. Thus, I am so very thankful God has blessed me with ministry opportunities in the form of Solar Under The Sun and Living Waters For The World.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet