Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thanksgiving Month, Day 6 - November 6

Thanksgiving of the Day - Church

It has been awhile since I have been to church in Vegas. Between traveling and being distracted by sports (see previous post), I had not been to a church in a bit. For whatever reason, I felt led to be a Methodist this morning. While I love attending The Crossing, and the preaching is impeccable, I had missed the intimate worship atmosphere of a small denominational church.

It was a warm feeling walking in, and several people spoke up to say hello and made me feel welcome. Two nice ladies sat down right beside me, and the children's choir led the music of the morning. Even when the pastor and associate pastor got the "giggles" during prayer and communion, it led my thoughts back to fun banter during announcements and prayer at my last church. It was beautiful and real and reminded me of everything I loved about being on a church staff.

Following the service, the ladies next to me struck up a conversation, and in the end, we're having coffee when I return from traveling. It was as if God handpicked the church service for me to attend this morning. He knew what I needed, and He provided. Thanks and praise to God and the Church today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet