Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Thanksgiving Project, Thanksgiving Month, Day 1 - November 1

In celebration of The Thanksgiving Project's one year anniversary AND kicking off a month of thanks, in honor of Thanksgiving, it is time to be publicly thankful each and every day again.

This blog was started almost a year ago, and while I have not written every single day, I have done my best to be mindful of my "attitude of gratitude," giving thanks in all situations. This was the original intent of "The Thanksgiving Project" - finding something to be thankful for each and every day - and writing daily served a dual purpose. With seminary beginning last January, I needed to get back into the habit of writing and using an expansive vocabulary. Now I am three semesters into seminary, loving every moment of learning, and more thankful than ever.

Today, my dear husband had hip surgery. Thankfully, it was not a hip replacement, simply an arthroscope. However, this is the first time I have ever been on the "opposite side." Usually I am the patient, and let me tell you, it is a lot less nerve-wracking to be the one on the table!  They give you great drugs and put you to sleep when you're having surgery. When you're waiting on someone you love to emerge from the recovery room, you're totally on your own!

With much encouragement and many prayers, John awoke from surgery feeling like he could run a marathon! (Okay, maybe not...) We were back home by 11:00am, and he walked inside on his own two feet. He didn't even hold on! All day, he's walked back and forth with hardly a limp. I am simply amazed and in awe of his healing. Then I got to thinking... Should I ever be amazed at God's healing power? He's healed the sick, healed the blind, and healed the hurting. Should I really be surprised he is doing so well?

Thus, I am thankful for a God who can do all things, and for a husband who is a strong patient with determination and perseverance. AND I am thankful to God for giving me this amazing husband, who really is my best pal! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminder to appreciate the blessings in life- both big and small. I love the concept of "Thanksgiving Month!" You and John are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet