Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Okay. Let's be real. I really don't like Halloween. As I told one of my pals not too long ago, I gave up Halloween years ago for Lent! (Ha, ha, ha...)

Now many Christian-folk don't like Halloween, usually stating it is an "un-Christian" holiday. That has nothing to do with my dislike. Halloween is about candy, and I love candy. But I digress... 16 years ago today, I was in the hospital having my gall bladder taken out. It was quite possibly the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. I was green. Not a couple of years before that, right around Halloween again, I was having an appendix out. In college years, I sustained a concussion near the dreaded holiday again. Thus, it was time to give up Halloween. No more celebrating. In my mind, it is a cursed holiday for me. These days, I stay inside in a cozy bubble and pray the day to go away quickly.

The only tradition I now enjoy on Halloween is Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin. Where's Linus?! Where's my blanket?! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet