Monday, October 10, 2011

October Haiti Trip, Day 1

Prayer Partner of the Day - The Hogan Family

Have you ever had one of those days where you wonder to yourself, "How'd I get so lucky?"

Today was one of those days. It started with my dear hubby dropping me at the airport at an ungodly hour, even though he didn't have to get up and go to work today. He was even talkative on the drive and a little misty upon my departure. How'd I get so lucky to have him as a husband?

Upon checking in, it appears I've reached some sort of milestone with American Airlines. Thus, I didn't have to pay for bags. Luck again?

The first flight was uneventful, and my dear son and daughter-in-law were greeting me in baggage claim! I hadn't seen them since February, I believe, and it was an amazing couple of hours with smiles, laughter, and lots of love! How'd I get so lucky?

Tonight, as I was sitting for a quick dinner, I received many messages of well-wishes and prayers from friends and family. How'd I get so lucky to have them all in my life?

And then there are today's prayer partners... They started the day with prayers and ended the day with big doses of encouragement! Kathy, Jenna, Kaila & Brianna all sent texts & tweets! I love them so much. How'd I get so lucky?

Well, I don't know the answer to the question, but I am surely thankful for the blessings of friends and family which God has bestowed upon me! Wow, I'm so lucky.

Good night...and off to Port Au Prince tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet