Friday, October 7, 2011

Prayer Partners/30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 28

Day 28 - Something You're Afraid Of....

You know what I'm afraid of? Going to Haiti without Prayer Partners!

Our prayer circle on January 12, 2011,
one year after the earthquake. 
That's right, the next trip to Haiti begins on Monday. NEXT Monday! Every time I travel to Haiti, I could not sustain strength and hope without holding my friends in prayer and having them do the same for me. I have been honored to be partnered with so many wonderful prayer warriors, and they have encouraged me through each trip.

This trip to Haiti will be a bit different than the others. For one, I found out today I will be arriving a day before the rest of the team. Miscommunication occasionally happens, and yes, I'll be in Port-Au-Prince a solid day before the others. Thankfully, I have made many friends and family in Haiti, and one phone call made everything better. My dear brothers at Little Brothers of St. Therese will be picking me up from the airport and taking me to my beloved monastery. There, I will stay with wonderful friends and family until my team arrives.

Once I meet the team on Wednesday, I will be heading down to Les Cayes, Haiti, which is an area of Haiti I have never been to. It will be a new experience with a new team, most of whom I have never met in person! God always picks the right members, though, and I feel certain it will be a most successful trip with two solar-powered clean water system installations and two hygiene education classes.

So, will you partner with me through this next trip to Haiti? I'd be honored to pray for YOU!

Prayer Partners: 

(travel day) Monday, October 10 - Hogan Family
Tuesday, October 11 - Jay, Sue, Kylee & Maddy Horstman
Wednesday, October 12 - Carl Jones
Thursday, October 13 - Diana Grace
Friday, October 14 - Becky Memmelaar
Saturday, October 15 - Rollin & Linda Wycoff
Sunday, October 16 - Mom
Monday, October 17 - Becky Field Ross
Tuesday, October 18 - Sean Devolites & Pat Cooke

2 comments:

  1. October 12th- I'm ready. Getting in some "practice" this morning as a matter of fact! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome, Carl! Thank you! Hope you had an excellent birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet