Monday, October 3, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 25

Day 25 - A Picture of My Favorite Day 

Typically, Sundays are my favorite day. When I was a kid, we went to church, went to Nana's house for lunch and then napped and watched television.  As I got older, we went to church, went to Nana's house for lunch, and then I was back at church for youth group. As I got even older, Sundays were catch up days for school work. And as I continued to age, Sundays were mega-sized super-long workdays filled with joy and fellowship. All week long, I would spend time storing up energy and preparing Sunday's lessons and events. They were days I looked forward to and enjoyed spending time with the church members. Now, Sundays are a day off to spend with husband. It's weird, but I'm starting to like it!

This picture to the right was taken on a Sunday in 2003 (despite what the date on the photo says!). This is a picture taken at Pine Hill Friends Meeting, where I was serving as the youth & children's pastor. My dear friend, Rachel Selleck White, was volunteering her time and talents at High Point Friends Meeting. Our youth groups gathered together this particular Sunday for a bonfire worship service. We roasted hot dogs and made s'mores and had a band come out to play for us. It seems like our friends from Oak Hill Friends Meeting and Springfield Friends Meeting also joined us that night. It was a beautiful time enjoying God's creation and glorifying Him with singing and fellowship of Friends.

You may wonder what we are doing in the picture. This was our "publicity photo" for our Kazoo Band, Cort's Mission. Yes, those are Kazoos in our mouths. More on that in another blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet