Thursday, October 20, 2011

October Haiti Trip, Day 7

Prayer Partner of the Day - Mom

Happy Sabbath! We did not attend a church service this morning, even though both of our sites had churches. While I was thankful to have the extra hour to sleep, I missed worshipping with our Haitian partners. This is usually a highlight of each of my trips!

The KIA needed fixing, and a few of us rode into Les Cayes with Lucson to have it repaired. We met up with another carload of our team and drove to the Hosanna House. It is absolutely beautiful, a guest house designed to house mission teams.

Love Richard... Such a precious boy. 
My nasty competitive streak came out during a fun game of Phase 10! After an amazing lunch filled with avocado, rice, beans, plantains, and more, John, Amy, Luke, Jocelin and I went back to Cherette. On the drive over, I pulled out my favorite "question" game! Mission trips are such a great opportunity to learn about others and see the world from their perspectives. I take every chance to listen to their life stories and see what God is doing in their lives. In fact, during this drive, I felt like we had one of those "freeze in time" moments, where we were chatting and sharing just like we had been together a lifetime. There was an ease, a nice friendship developing. (If y'all are reading...Happy "No Pants Sunday!")

Our time in Cherette was wonderful, as it had been the entire week. Have you figured out I absolutely loved this community and the children? It ranks right up there with Blanket as one of my favorite villages in Haiti. The children gathered around, and we watched the music videos on my iPhone. Blake Shelton's "Honey Bee" has now gone international!

We went back to the hotel for only a while, and then went to the beach to enjoy Prestige and the sunset. The fellas enjoyed their swim, and Jocelin and I sat back and just enjoyed the beauty and conversation. Our night ended with a beautiful worship service and communion, led by Amy. It was the most touching, spiritual moment of the trip for me, sharing bread and wine with our team and our Haitian partners. God is good, all the time, and I am so thankful to be a part of this mission.


Solar power... And the beach... It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet