Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Quick Trip to LA

On Friday, I jumped in the car and set out for Los Angeles! While my body was screaming to stay home and rest, my heart was excited to meet up with my Haitian brother, Ancy, and dear friend, Father Desire Fritz. They were in the US to fundraise and speak to Haiti Healthcare Partners. This wonderful organization provides health care support mainly to a clinic in Cheridant, Haiti.

If you remember, Cheridant was our "home" in August. We not only replaced a clean water system with a solar-powered clean water system, but also installed a solar power system to light the newly constructed Volunteer Guest House. These sites are in throwing distance of the medical clinic in Cheridant, which is supported by Haiti Healthcare Partners.

It was wonderful to meet with my two Haitian friends, but even more importantly, it was an honor and privilege to meet those whose hearts are grounded in love and care for the Haitian people. They see a need in an amazing community, and they have worked years to create a lasting and sustainable partnership with the people they love. They have truly entered into a covenant relationship and together as a family in God, they are empowering their Haitian friends and providing resources for them to succeed.

This weekend, though I was tired and weary, I came home energized having sat around tables with those whose priorities were much the same as my own. Their mission in life is to love God and love others, and they are living out this calling with every ounce of their beings.

I am blessed and so very thankful to call these new friends partners in Christ and partners in Haiti. How much longer till the next trip?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet