Thursday, October 20, 2011

October Haiti Trip, Day 9

Prayer Partners of the Day - Sean Devolites & Pat Cooke


When the alarm went off at 4:00am, it was much too early. Not being used to having air conditioning, my body froze through the night! It was hard to sleep. I jumped up, ready for an ice cold shower to get my blood going...and there was no water. My day was off to a "comedy of errors" start! Thankfully, that did not last too long.

The ride to the airport was quiet, as Lucson and Frantzou and I did not say much. We dropped off Frantzou at the American Embassy with well-wishes for his visa interview. Lucson dropped me at the airport, and I was the third person in line to go in! Thankfully we didn't have to stand in line too long before they opened the airport, and the man at the counter could not have been nicer. He gave be the perfect exit aisle seating, and customs and the three security checkpoints were a breeze.

Remember Rick from the airport on Day Two? Well, as I was sitting upstairs in the PAP airport, here he comes walking along. He sat down and we chatted for a couple of hours. It always amazes me the work people are doing in Haiti. Often it is referred to as the "Country of NGO's" as there are so many groups working to empower the Haitians and uplift their lives.

The rest of the day was quiet. I was asleep before taking off in PAP, and thankfully had plenty of phone calls to make while sitting in Miami. John was a beautiful sight upon arriving back in Las Vegas. I practically ran through the airport in order to get to him quicker!

And so, thus ends another wonderful trip to Haiti...and dare I say, I am already counting down the days until my return!

My heart is overwhelmed with gratitude for those of you who held us in the light and prayed over each of our days. You sustain us and encourage us, and we are thankful to have you along on these amazing opportunities to share the light of Christ. Peace be with you, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet