Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Haiti Trip, Saturday, March 16

Prayer Partner of the Day: Allison Fleig

Carrie will be the first to tell you we had a wonderful night! Well, maybe wonderful is not the accurate term! :) I had not slept the previous night, so I did a little drugging and sleep came easily! At 1:30am, Carrie, my tent-mate, got up to go to the bathroom, and accidentally woke me... I offered to get up and go with her... Little did I know I was a walking drunk! The stars were magnificently shining, or so Carrie tells me!

Last night before bed, Ancy volunteered me to Father Goursse to preach on Sunday. That leaves me a solid day to prepare a sermon. I read the scripture last night, and God seemed to start speaking. While rest of the team went to the water building and to teach, I stayed back at the compound to write. Sure enough I had six rough draft pages by lunchtime. The Spirit was alive and active for sure.

George gathered everyone before lunch to visit the mountain when the water source. It was a beautiful hike, but of course I was looking down more than looking up...so as not to fall over myself or someone else! Our walk ended at the river where we relaxed and enjoyed fellowship and quiet with one another. It was a beautiful time of enjoying God's creation.

After lunch, I had to hand write my sermon legibly and then I typed it up. Between having conversations, visiting with the amazing Pastor Evens (who stopped by for a chat), and enjoying the cool breeze of the mango trees, it took nearly all afternoon to finish the sermon. Phase 10 and chats with the group ended a fantastic day. During our devotions as a group, and during my own devotion, joy was the topic. Rejoice in The Lord always, again I say rejoice! Ah, what a perfect way to end the day and prepare my heart for worship tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet