Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Haiti Trip, Saturday, March 30

Prayer Partner of the Day: Tim Myrick

Well, the electricity never did come on, which meant...BUCKET SHOWERS! WOO! Who doesn't love bathing out of a bucket?! Okay, maybe I'm the only one that gets excited about that.
Navigating the Port Au Prince is much like playing a video game. One must pass this level to go to this level to then go to this level, and if you happen to hit anything out of sequence, you must start all over. And such was today! Though the agent had my passport in front of him, he checked me into the wrong flight under the wrong name. My mistake was trying to go standby for the earlier flight to Miami, and this caused a ruckus. After going through immigration and the two security points, I discovered the flight was sold out, and there was no way I'd be getting on standby. This normally isn't a big problem...but I had to go back to the ticket counter where I started, have them find my checked bags, and start all over again. My tiredness for the week left me in a virtual meltdown. However, all's well that ends well, and it was clearly in God's plan to not be on the earlier flight. After we hugged the team and said goodbye, I met another team from Louisiana. They had been working at "Big House" in Les Cayes, where one of our teams from Kansas had installed a solar-powered clean water system! Only God can make connections like this, and we shared stories and talked until our flight left.

Since the craziness had occured with trying to check in, the airline gods had mercy on me and bumped me to first class. Not only was it first class, but the seats layed flat! Talk about being spoiled! I was in Heaven.

And so this trip comes to a close. The GVUMC team is having their burgers and brownie sundaes at TGIFridays, and the hotel shuttle should be by anytime now to take me to my vacation spot for a few days. R&R, here I come! Praise to God for another safe and productive adventure in spreading Living Water to the body and souls of Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet