Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Haiti Trip, Thursday, March 14

Prayer Partner of the Day: Leslie Toth


The Palace!
Though I was supposed to meet and greet the team at the Miami airport this morning, I slept until 10:00am. It felt so good to board the flight for Haiti and feel rested! Ronal, as always, awaited me in baggage claim, and for the first time ever, my bags were out first! Little did I know, Ancy barely had time to turn around from dropping off the team to Cazale to come back to the airport; however, the best surprise in the world awaited me, as Sam was standing right beside Ancy. What a great reunion, as it's been over a year since I had seen Sam or any of the Herndon team. The drive was an uneventful catch up, and when we arrived in Cazale, the excitement and joy was overwhelming. Words simply cannot describe how happy I was to see my family from Herndon.

A "Six Person Tent" suitable for two!
We were up against the clock, as the sun was quickly fading, and I had the massive tent in my bag. Sheri and Frantzou pitched in, and within minutes our new tent palace was standing! Pere Irnel was visiting, as he is technically the priest-in-charge, and Pere Goursse, the newly ordained deacon, welcomed me by name! It was so good to see him again, as it was a year ago last March we first met in Arcahaie and visited Cazale for the survey. Never has there been a more perfect pairing than Herndon UMC and Pere Goursse and the people of St. Andres Episcopal Church.

The tent is ready, and Carrie and I are pumped for our first night of camping! We read our devotion and now it's time for lights out... Can someone make that generator be quiet?? :)

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet