Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Haiti Trip, Monday, March 25

Prayer Partner of the Day: Karen Cook

Well, ever since last January (2012) when I came down with a "touch of cholera", I have bragged that I haven't been sick in Haiti! Six trips later, those words have caught up with me! Thankfully, the team is in great hands. Valdes and crew are ready to work, and I feel so good that Bill, another veteran, is here in case of questions or needs.

The team really hit it out of the park today. Early reports say the water system is almost completely plumbed, and tomorrow they will pull off the wellhead and drop the submersible. By the end of tomorrow, the system will be shocked! Woo! Team Solar (Sean & Camille) have wired in most of the parts, and team education had an exceptional session with the school teachers today! Playing with the kiddos seemed to be the highlight of the day for most everyone. What a really great group this is! As each one came in to say hello and give their own personal account of the day, their smiles were contagious and their joy was overwhelmingly evident. God is certainly blessing me thru their servant hearts. Bill and I are continually impressed with their kindness towards one another and their impeccable teamwork.

Of the most excitement, Leslie left her tent open, and the chicken with six of her chicks made herself at home! Oh, the stories we have in Haiti!

As for me, tomorrow will surely be better. Right?! :)

Peace be with you, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet