Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Haiti Trip, Wednesday, March 20

Prayer Partner of the Day: Diana Grace

It was a bittersweet day. As I woke up in the tent to the lovely music of "I Will Always Love You" (a special song between me and Dutch, my roomie), I knew this was the last day with the great team from Herndon. We would drive them to the airport and say our goodbyes. Despite the massive amounts of "red shirts" in our way, we were able to hug and shed many tears. What an amazingly special group, who I hold so close to my heart.

Ancy and I had a quiet drive through Port Au Prince and picked up his son, Hans, at school. Though the kids are out for spring break, Hans had been invited to come to a special event. The three of us celebrated a great week by having pizza and ice cream in Carrefour! A little slice of heaven! We went by Ancy's house to drop off Hans, and the second floor addition is nearly complete! It's beautiful.

By the time we made it to Palmiste A Vin, after long talks about work with Ancy, my mind was ready to crash. The brothers greeted us and welcomed me home, and my sister, Sonie, sat me down in bed and made me rest!

At 5, or so I was told, there would be a mass to celebrate Daniel's birthday! Father Bleu from Dufort would come to preside over the mass. He, however, was 90 minutes late. We finally began at 6:30! Ignace played the most upbeat happy music I had ever heard in mass! Jack, the French Canadian, and many of the locals also came. We celebrated afterwards with champagne and a buffet of goodies. Ancy & I had bought a cake in Leogane, as did Olizard, and we ate and sang till the wee hours! Oh, it's good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet