Monday, March 12, 2012

Haiti Journal, March 3, 2012

This peacock... He LOVES me! :)
Prayer Partners of The Day - The Horstman Family & Arnie Armadillo


We went to bed so early last night, my roommate woke up in the middle of the night to make sure we hadn't overslept. Being the light sleeper I am, when she asked what time it was, I happily rolled over, looked at my phone and answered, "12:00am."

Our alarms went off too early, yet again, and we were on the bus into town around 6:00am. The line into the Port Au Prince airport was exceptionally long, but thankfully moved quickly. My friends were on a flight to Ft. Lauderdale, but I was scheduled for a flight to Miami. Unfortunately, they couldn't bump me to the earlier flight to Miami, and there I sat in the airport by myself. Not long after my friends left, though, our hotel-mates from Jumecourt arrived. We had a lovely time chatting and playing euchre, and I really do hope to work with them soon.

Wouldn't you know it, they bumped me to first class on the way home. I really am getting spoiled! These seats even had footrests and laid down flat! Carolina and Duke are playing in the final game of the season, and winner takes all. What a good day to be coming home! Hopefully the Miami airport will have a perfect sports bar near my gate!

Again friends, I thank you for being a part of this journey with me, for praying as we work, for encouraging us as we serve and for loving us when we're weary. The strength you give us each day is vital, and I thank God for you with every breath. Peace be with you...until the next journey...which isn't far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet