Saturday, March 31, 2012

Haiti Trip #11 - March 28, 2012



Prayer Partners of the Day - Carla Barnard & Patrick Lesley

(Written somewhere over the midwest at 20000 feet!)

Last night, it poured down rain, and after the previous nights of being eaten alive by bugs, I kept feeling like things were crawling all over me! Silliness, really. The shower was cold & invigorating, and we were outside ready to go by 7:00am.

The ride to the airport was short, and would you believe there was NO line at the airport?! We were able to walk straight up and in. Only one of our men was caught up by the "red shirts," but thankfully, he was one team member that could handle anything. Three security checkpoints and patdowns later, we were enjoying our cafe au laits in the "VIP" lounge upstairs.

Kevin, Bob & Daryl left first, as they were flying to Fort Lauderdale. Even though we had only been together for a few short days, the projects were aplenty and the emotions were full. It made for a tearful goodbye, and the rest of us shortly thereafter boarded the plane for Miami. Having a short connection time, I hugged our group in customs and wished them well. This leader could not have been more proud of a group of "students."

And so ends another fun-filled, adventurous, trip to Haiti. Like I said yesterday or the day before, I don't know when I will be going back... Hopefully this fall? It's bittersweet, as Haiti is truly my second home and I have come to call so many "family." I will miss my brothers and sisters, and when God calls, I am ready to go back!

Many thanks to all of those who held us in prayer throughout the week. Your prayers gave us the strength and courage to handle all adversity with joy and thanksgiving. Peace be with you...until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet