Monday, March 12, 2012

Haiti Journal, February 25, 2012

LWW/SUTS 2nd Annual Operators Conference
Prayer Partners of the Day - Tim & Teresa Myrick

My body is growing weary, and today I woke up so tired. Thankfully, the ocean is only feet from my room, and I was able to look out on the water for about an hour. Jocelin was beside me, but we were both in meditative states and simply enjoyed sitting by each other. Pastor Evens broke my trance by coming to say goodbye. He was leaving to officiate a wedding in Leogane, the same wedding Ancy was hopeful to return in time for!

The conference continued this morning, and Father Leonard Quartorze led opening worship for the group. My favorite part came when Bertone and I illustrated the Whirly-Pak procedure. He is such a good teacher, and Jocelin, of course, did a phenomenal job of translating for me.

With Surpris, Bertone & Jocelin
As the conference came to an end, my tiredness set in, which my husband would tell you leads way to "crankiness." I packed up my belongings, and left with Surpris, Ancy, Salien, and Jocelin. The remainder of the group stayed behind in Montrouis to survey and prepare for their departure from Port Au Prince.

That there is a Tap-Tap
Because traffic was so bad in PAP, we dropped Jocelin on the outskirts of town and he took a tap-tap back to Jumecourt. I was so sad to leave him in the middle of the street. Next we dropped Surpris at Visa Lodge in PAP, as we was flying out early the next morning. From there, it took us much time to get to Salien's house, and I was exhausted from the traveling. With Ancy confidently at the wheel, nap time ensued. After we dropped off Salien, Ancy and I seemed to reenergize. Giggling fits followed, as we remembered our friends in Virginia ("too much, too much!") and remembered his late uncle's favorite saying, "Oh Boy!"

Soon we arrived at the Little Brothers of St. Therese monastery in Palmiste-A-Vin. Again, it is so good to be home, and I could not wait to collapse in my room. Brothers Olizard, Daniel, Duyon, and Jean Charles were awaiting me, and soon after, Sonie and Daniel pulled up. Sonie and I went running through the hallway to see each other, just like a movie set! What great family to come home to!

Though it was Saturday, a priest was visiting and we had mass with him in the chapel right by my room. It was beautiful and a perfect ending to a very long day. Peace, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maundy Thursday: Give Me Those Feet